My Food Revolution

About Me

My photo
I'm Dee a 24 year old busy body living outside the misconceptions of life. I love meeting new people and learning new things about the planet in which we reside. I rant about the price of milk amongst shops and I get stressed out if my eclairs turn out as pancakes. I'm far from perfect but it won't stop me practising.

Wednesday 20 April 2016

I'm still here!

Wow, it's been a week already since I last posted! I apologise I don't post more regularly. I've recently got back into work and I'm still in my first few months so I'm just diving head first into everything work related.

Yesterday was my day off and my god I made the most of it! Made a beautiful evening meal, I call it Tea as we're in Yorkshire. You may call it dinner or something else of the type. We had a chicken breast cooked in a small bit of oil and some butter. (Adding oil ensures the butter doesn't burn!) but yeah cooking the chicken in butter also gives it a roast chicken taste.
My partner last week, managed to grab some new potatoes reduced to 10p! (Plus some pitta breads at 5p which we made pizzas with) so we skinned them and boiled them and mashed them with a little bit of chive primula. (Cheese in a tube) bloody beautiful.

Before I go further let me tell you my history with Yorkshire pudding. For 3 straight years I struggled to make a good Yorkshire pud, one day after weeks of frustration, I found a recipe that just stuck in my head and best of all? Delivered the Yorkshire pudding I had strived for!!

So easy.  3 glasses equal size. 2 eggs in the first, milk to the egg level in glass 2, flour to the same level in glass 3. Bash it together with some salt and pepper and you're good to go!
I added a small bit of Caribbean Chicken seasoning to my batter and wow!
Although I failed when I threw together my Yorkshire pudding.
I separated the egg Yorks and binned the whites before realising I needed the whites! Doh!
So I just added an extra egg, totalling 1 egg 2 Yorks. It did enrich my pudding. So luckily it turned out well!
Doing my shopping this weekend, so I will snapshot all the good deals I find and share them! Lastly, I haven't forgot about the community I'm trying to build! I have been having some thoughts which I will share with you this weekend! It's pretty exciting news!

Till then my lovelies!
Ttfn (ta ta for now)
Dee X 😘

Pitta bread pizzas
Grab a pitta and slap some Tomato Purée (should be in your store cupboard!) on, few mixed herbs and some cheese and just bash it in the oven 180 degrees and roughly 5 mins or so, just until the cheese melts!

Don't forget to check my list of store cupboard staples for my guide on items you should Always have in! You can find the list Here

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for Pizza love it. And thanks i didnt know adding oil would stop butter from burning. Great ideas. Cant wait for the next post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for Pizza love it. And thanks i didnt know adding oil would stop butter from burning. Great ideas. Cant wait for the next post

    ReplyDelete