My Food Revolution

About Me

My photo
I'm Dee a 24 year old busy body living outside the misconceptions of life. I love meeting new people and learning new things about the planet in which we reside. I rant about the price of milk amongst shops and I get stressed out if my eclairs turn out as pancakes. I'm far from perfect but it won't stop me practising.

Friday 8 April 2016

Let's get spicy!

Today i will cover my list of essential spices that should be in everyone's cupboard! I love spices personally, I feel the need to add spices to almost every dish. I don't have the largest collection but knowing how to use them is enough.

The first spice on my list is Garlic powder. I know, is it even a spice? Anyway I digress, I personally love garlic. I find it handy to have garlic powder in as even just a little sprinkle can add depth.
Turmeric, cumin and curry powder are great for any seasoning and also the bases of a banging curry!
Mixed herbs, chilli powder and rosemary are last. Simple but elegant spices that dance over any food their added too.
Don't forget the salt and pepper. I don't cook with salt, only season.
I've found Happy Shopper products has a spice and season range and all of the above items can be found for 75p each or 2 for £1.25.

So how do I use my spices?
Well let's take tonight for example, burgers are on the menu and you may be surprised at my additions! You can find the recipe below!

So that's it!
7 spices is all it takes, not bad huh?
Chances are, next I will cover being timely and how to get the most out of your kitchen without spending all day in there.

Keep tuned!
Ttfn (ta ta for now).
Dee 😘 X
Footnote:
Had a quick scour around the top 5 supermarkets, 500g of mince will set you back around the £2 mark.

Simple burger recipe
Serves 4
200g beef mince
2 egg yolks
Splash of soy sauce
Mixed herbs
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/ gas mark 6.
1. Mix all ingredients in a Bowl until well combined.
2. Divide mixture into four.
3. Taking one piece of the mix, roll into a ball and squash into a patty between your palms.
4. Repeat last step for remaining pieces.
5. Place on a tray and place in oven for 10-15 minutes.
6. Serve when juices run clear.





2 comments:

  1. You go girl.
    Love the blog ☺😊😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl.
    Love the blog ☺😊😀

    ReplyDelete