My Food Revolution

About Me

My photo
I'm Dee a 24 year old busy body living outside the misconceptions of life. I love meeting new people and learning new things about the planet in which we reside. I rant about the price of milk amongst shops and I get stressed out if my eclairs turn out as pancakes. I'm far from perfect but it won't stop me practising.

Saturday 14 May 2016

This weeks activities..

This week I've been experimenting to some degree. Earlier on in the week, I made crab cakes. Basically crab and mashed potato that's been breadcrumbed and baked. They was okay, OH loved them. He's more into fish then I am. I'm not sure of fish for unknown reasons... Oddly.

After those was a success I went on to recreate scotch eggs. I love scotch eggs and to make them isn't quick, but it sure is fun! Basically boil your eggs to your desired taste, once cooked surround in sausage meat and then breadcrumb and bake. These were loved even by someone who doesn't normally like scotch eggs!

Lastly, bagels! Easy peasy, and bloody beautiful! I couldn't get the shape right as my dough dried a little on top when proofing, meaning it wasn't as workable, but I made do and managed. Next time I'm going to try some onion bagels and maybe some tomato ones!

When it comes to doing the egg, flour and breadcrumb coatings, the thicker the coating you want, the more times you repeat the steps. So you start with flour, this creates a barrier so the egg doesn't make everything sloppy! Then once you have coated in egg, return to the flour and keep repeating these two steps to build up the thickness of your coating. Once you have the desired coating, dip in egg once more and dip in breadcrumbs. This is always the final step! But this works really well for fried chicken too!


Both the crab cakes and scotch eggs cook in a 200 oC oven for 20-30 mins until golden brown.
So why not treat your family this weekend?

Also, regardless of where you have found this blog, whether it be through Instagram, Facebook or word of mouth, if there is a particular item you want me to cover, or have a good recipe you think il like, please please get in touch!


Till next time.
Ttfn 😘
Dee X

No comments:

Post a Comment