My Food Revolution

About Me

My photo
I'm Dee a 24 year old busy body living outside the misconceptions of life. I love meeting new people and learning new things about the planet in which we reside. I rant about the price of milk amongst shops and I get stressed out if my eclairs turn out as pancakes. I'm far from perfect but it won't stop me practising.

Tuesday 3 May 2016

When time isn't on your side...

My biggest bug bare is when people say 'I don't have time to cook'. Without convenience food you would have to cook. The difference being that home cooking takes more often less time than convenience food. For example, tonight we had battered fish and rice. 30 mins max! I had portions of frozen cod in the freezer which I defrosted, coated in flour, battered then fried. The cooking time was 15-20 mins tops.

You see there's no big secret, except your freezer. Now you also have to be willing to put One weekend a month and you will be good to go!
2 days cooking?
What!?
But doing this frees up the rest of your time throughout that month.

If you make a basic stock, your choice of meat, basic veg and some seasoning, that can then be made into a casserole, pie, stew, the list goes on. It's about making the building blocks. Some good ziplock bags are great for items with a good deal of liquid, simply place laid down flat in the freezer to freeze, once frozen they can be lined up and won't take much room!

You will need a good  stock pot in order to make some dump it bags, doesn't need to be big, but decent.

I like to freeze a selection of veg into portions with herbs spices and honey. Once cooked, beautiful honey roasted veg!

Cooking doesn't have to be time consuming, you just to have a certain amount of dedication.
Once you have found that, I will guarantee you will be motivated to do more.

Since becoming a home cook, I can't taste convenience food the way I used too, it's now become a challenge to recreate all those convenience favourites! As mentioned before tonight was a chippy dinner! Now although I *still* love a good chip butty from t'old chippy, I wanted to see how easy battered cod would prove to be. I can't say I'm experienced in cooking fish, as in, i NEVER cook fish. But it worked a treat! I would advise using fresh fish as mine was bought frozen. Don't get me confused it was still really nice, but the little touches certainly help!

Again sorry for the lapse in posting, work is pretty much my life lately!

Till next time my lovelies!
Ttfn (ta ta for now)
Dee 😘 X

No comments:

Post a Comment