My Food Revolution

About Me

My photo
I'm Dee a 24 year old busy body living outside the misconceptions of life. I love meeting new people and learning new things about the planet in which we reside. I rant about the price of milk amongst shops and I get stressed out if my eclairs turn out as pancakes. I'm far from perfect but it won't stop me practising.

Tuesday 5 April 2016

So? What's next?

So now the introduction is done, let's jump straight in shall we?

You will find many of my recipes are based around one important aspect of any kitchen.. The store cupboard. Now let me tell you a secret, your store cupboard literally worships you, but first you must show it love.

Staples
Yes!
No!
Not the metal stationary that binds paper together.
No not the stationary surplus store...
The store cupboard staples 😎.
There's a selection of items that I stress should be in ALL homes.
These items will get you well on your way to anything you could think of whipping up! I usually do my shopping every fortnight, now I always make sure my staples are at the top of the list, but I find I will only need to buy staples once a month. It depends on how often you use the items. I know how much I use of each item so I budget accordingly.

Another little tip that makes this journey that little bit easier, a good rack.
Cheeky! ;)
Spice rack!!
Now when I was bought my spice rack I couldn't afford to stock it all up at once! Spices are not cheap and my spice rack has endless bloody jars. I use a maximum of maybe ten spices? But lucky for you, I'm not gonna make you go hunt for bargains! I will give you my opinions on the best places to buy the items you're really going to need, such as a small collection of spices, but at prices that won't cost you a fortune.

That's it! Those two things can take anyone from basic meals to restaurant worthy dishes!

I will do another post shortly listing out the store cupboard stables and the spices that need to be in your home!

For now, I'm clocking out.

I promise it gets easier!
Dee 😘 X

No comments:

Post a Comment